Trial and Error
SPHS Martin Year Two Robotics Team Blog
Friday, May 20, 2016
The Dragracer chassis worked to some extent however it will have to be modified eventually to accomodate a single axle to accept more torque as well as more power. We have several designs as to what we will build but only time will tell which we will eventually use.
Friday, May 13, 2016
We finished the autonomous portion of the raquetball challenge with flying colors. Granted it was on the last possible day that you could still get 100% on it.Since we finished we have been tearing into the Tractor Pull Challenge.I have come up with a beautiful dragracer design but whether it will prove effective has yet to be determined.
Were all working on coding for our autonomous run of the ball challenge, Jimmy and Collin are testing out the code and we have nearly got it, never mind, Jimmy just screamed at me from across the room celebrating that the got it complete and we just did and official... We passed :D
Friday, May 6, 2016
We are still having some trouble with the code but we are working through it. We got frustrated and decided to help other groups today so that was fun.
Thursday, April 28, 2016
We have now started our raquetball challenge. The bot we have designed is shown here. It barely works but we are happy that it works at all. Its also slow but, again, at least it works. :)
Friday, April 22, 2016
We are working on the autonomous and are currently partway through it. We have, however, found a way to beat the system. Instead of coding the robot to go to a certain place we can code the robot to do certain things then move the objective.
Friday, April 15, 2016
The Tetrahedron challenge has been completed!! The Crucifixion Bot did it!!! The next challenge is to put a raquetball into a PVC tube. Our design will hopefully succeed however we are have some engine trouble. Our code is also being rather finicky. We can't wait to get it working and move on.
Friday, April 8, 2016
We have finished our Challenge #2!! However unfortunately the Messterpiece simply could not deliver. Our beautiful child has been scrapped and a new legend has been born!! I Give You The Crucifixion Bot!!!! (Cue Applause) This new and highly advanced design has already proved it is superior to the prior competitor by finishing Challenge #2. We are now testing this amazing design to see if it can pass the rigorous training necessary to complete Challenge #2's autonomous portion. Catch us next week to see if the Crucifixion Bot will continue on to Semi-finals!!!
Friday, April 1, 2016
We have finished building our Challenge 2 Bot. We have playfully nicknamed it the Messterpiece since it is a masterpiece of ingenuity (frankly i'm surprised it moves) but looks like a mess. We got very creative about it after Mr. Martin crushed our dreams of a pretty Forklift design. If Mr. Martin wants to present a Challenge, Trial and Error is ready to beat it.
Thursday, March 17, 2016
Tuesday, March 8, 2016
We have started building the robot and we aim to finish building and start programming by the end of the week. We have had some problems building and expect to have some more problems with programming.
Friday, March 4, 2016
The finished product of the robot. It took two long days but finally works as it's supposed too. It was relatively easy to build but we had many more problems programming than we had previously expected. However as you can see it finally passed inspection.
Monday, February 29, 2016
Today is our first day of Core Robotics. We will be organizing our toolboxes as well as figuring out what to do to finish setting up the blog. This is our first entry of many and we look forward to posting more. We can't wait to start building and competing.
Subscribe to: Posts (Atom)